Pencil Rot

iunno

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Here Goes Nothing


Well, it took me a few years, but I've decided to jump on this whole blog train. I've thought about it a few times before but have never really committed to it. Of course, writing a column in the Daily Bruin (shameless plug) has helped me to further nurture my frequent habit of writing down all the crap that comes into my head at any given time.

And fret not, because I don't intend for this to be one of those countless political blogs where people bitch and moan about the state of the nation without doing anaything about it. Oh, I'll bitch and moan a ton - just about really miniscule and comparatively unimportant things. Pop culture, sports, entertainment, random occurrences in my everyday life - you name it and I'll probably write down something about it.

With that said, I invite you into the baffling world of Pencil Rot. Its name, taken from the Stephen Malkmus song of the same name, implies that putting pen to paper really is becoming a thing of the past - fingers to keyboard is where it's at these days. And when you can type 70 words per minute with two fingers like I can, then, well...I'm not sure where I was going with that, other than attempting to impress the five people reading this with my typing skills.

So yeah. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. If you've ever seen a horrible car accident and slowed down to see the gory details against your better judgment, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Rawkblog said...

post #2, back to work

12:51 AM  
Blogger Greg Katz said...

don't suck

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home